Research development engineer
AEGIR-Marine is the brand-independent expert in the field of stern tube seals and propulsion systems. Working from offices in Wijk bij Duurstede, Singapore, Shanghai, USA, Dubai and Namibia, we have built up a solid reputation for delivering dedicated service and expert knowledge with a flexible mind-set.
To support our growing operations, we are looking for a proactive and pragmatic Research & Development Engineer to join our R&D team in Wijk bij Duurstede (NL).
- Being a part of a multi-disciplinary team to create significant and innovative solutions for stern tube seals.
- Carrying out industrial research, broadening relevant knowledge and bringing in new knowledge in the area of radial lip seals, lubrication and degradation of rubber.
- To translate the results from research at universities into products that are used in real-world applications.
- Developing protocols for testing and validation of stern tube seals and bearings.
- Scouting for state-of-the-art technologies in the market in the area of seals and bearings by visiting conferences, universities, suppliers and reading the latest literature and following closely different class regulations.
- Supporting and helping in writing research grant applications.
- Point of contact between universities and AEGIR-Marine for your project and bringing in new knowledge.
- Contributing to scientific publications on behalf of AEGIR-Marine.
- PhD in tribology/rheology/applied physics with understanding of seals and bearings with 2-3 years industrial research experience, or Master’s degree with 4-5 years of industrial research experience in a relevant area such as rubber technology, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Experience with tribology and understanding of rubber technology is critical for this role and you should have experience dealing with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of developing and testing with LABVIEW and Python.
- Background in setting up, running and evaluating experiments independently, and working with small and big test rigs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal interactions with both customers and suppliers.
- Self-manager, coordination and facilitation skills of own research.
- Team worker in multidisciplinary settings.
- Academic profile combined with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
You will be part of a fast-growing and dynamic company with a very strong presence in the international maritime industry. You will join a team of fun and committed professionals working in an atmosphere in which client satisfaction and quality are at least as important as turnover. You will be offered the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through training programmes.