Research and Development Engineer
AEGIR-Marine is the preferred maker-independent specialist in the field of stern tube seals and propulsion systems. We distinguish ourselves by providing optimal service; thorough knowledge and flexibility make us stand out from the crowd. With offices in The Netherlands, Singapore, Namibia, Dubai, Shanghai, USA and Panama, AEGIR-Marine has a firm position in the international maritime industry.
In this position, you will have the unique chance to innovate and develop knowledge in the field of stern tube seals and bearings. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different research centres to develop new theories in this field. Your work will encompass simulation, test and validation of new developments and implementation of the results or findings to support customers.
We are looking for a proactive and pragmatic researcher who can innovate by combining a strong background in chemistry, rheology and data analytics. Are you interested in this challenge?
You are responsible for:
- Creating significant and innovative solutions for stern tube seals as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Carrying out industrial research and broadening relevant knowledge in the area of radial lip seals, lubrication and degradation of rubber;
- Translating the results from research at universities to products that are used in real world applications;
- Developing protocols for testing and validation of stern tube seals and bearings;
- Bringing in new knowledge and scouting for state-of-the-art technologies in the market in the area of sealing and bearings by visiting conferences, universities, suppliers and reading the latest literature and following different class regulations;
- Contributing to scientific publications;
You are a part of:
A growing company in an interesting market with many opportunities, working in an atmosphere where customer satisfaction and quality come before turnover. AEGIR-Marine offers you the opportunity to develop yourself through training possibilities for personal and professional growth, while you offer a substantial contribution to the growth of the company.
- A Master’s degree in chemistry/material engineering/rubber technology with 2-3 years of industrial research experience in a relevant area such as lubricant rheology, organic chemistry and polymer technology or relevant field;
- Experience with rubber technology and rubber processing is critical for this role and you should have experience dealing with different internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of developing and testing rubber materials both mechanically and chemically;
- Background in setting up, running and evaluating experiments independently and working with small and big test rigs;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal interactions with both customers and suppliers;
- Team player in a multidisciplinary setting;
- Academic profile combined with an entrepreneurial mind-set;
What we offer:
A healthy and growing company in an exciting industry that offers you plenty of opportunities. The possibility to make a substantial contribution to the further international growth of the company. An atmosphere in which customer satisfaction and quality is the highest priority.